Oct 2, 2010

Rough couple of days...

Well crud!  I said I would post about this in my last race report.  I went into my last race at 225lbs.  The lowest weight I have been at to date in this entire journey.

I felt really good about my weight progress as it had taken some time to get from 230 to 225.  It all kind of came crumbling down around me after the last race.
It was as if I had reached my goal. In a way I kind of had.  I had been very focused on completing Couch to 5k before The Pancake Day 5k.  I was very close I was ready for Week 9 Day 1.  But this race was what I had been working for and my goal of running the whole distance without stopping was within reach.

After the race I felt like I needed a break from the hard work so I took a few days of exercise off and with no new fitness goal to achieve I didn't feel the drive.  On top of that I had lots of long workdays over this past week and was unable to eat on my normal schedule and I had several work related meals and just kind of let go.

So with a week off I managed to gain a few pounds and fall into some stupid traps that I set for myself.


Im back on track now and thats all that counts.  Refocus, Recommit, Retrain!

No comments: