Apr 28, 2011

16 miles out of 20 not bad


This was my first real ride outside on highway that was greater then 10 miles. I did almost 20 miles last night. I know now what my tri is going to be like in 2 weeks. Im hoping for NO WIND! LOL the hills coming back last night were brutal with the wind. I need to get something to eat halfway through as I was starving. Plus I think I needed to drink more then I did. I was trying to time my ride so I didn't run out of daylight. I got very cold near the end. The road I was riding is not the safest road. Lots of curves and some blind hills. Traffic is always a little higher speed then what it should be. Started to cramp at the half way point. I stopped to get a drink and walked for a bout 20 sec and it eased up. Im hoping to ride the full course this weekend.

My iPhone battery died at the 16 mile mark and so runkeeper stopped recording my activity. Still i finished my ride and it was 19.7 I felt pretty good too.

2 comments:

LittleRachet said...

Were you in aero most of this time?

You might want to hit a trail so you can really settle into your ride and not worry about traffic.

Need to get you an aero bottle too, so that you don't forget to drink. (If it's in your face, you remember.)

MC said...

Not as much as I wanted to be. I need to stay down more its a different feeling and somewhat unnerving at over 25 mph.