Apr 18, 2011

You did what...?

So yesterday I decided that I wasn't going to take my bike in and have someone else cut my bike seat down. Let me back up. My new bike...the seat post is carbon fiber and needs cut down a few inches because Im short and the seat post is too long. So because it was expensive and I didnt want to ruin my bike seat I decided that I needed to have it professionally done. Then I started thinking and started Googling and then Tubing and I found that its not quite as dangerous as I thought it might be.

So I measured a bunch of times and marked it carefully. Giant requires 4 1/8" of post minimally inserted. I clamped it down and used a super fine toothed hack saw blade along a straightedge to to cut off 3.5". It went very well and the cut looks very nice. Its smooth and very even with out any fiber splintering at all.


It wasnt at all as difficult as one would believe. Also Im tagging this as weightloss. :)

No comments: