Feb 14, 2011

I miss the Sun!

Oh my we are having some incredible weather. Its such a relief from this bitter winter ick! I miss the Sun so much my Heart is broken!

The last 2 days have been like a bright sunny day in the middle of winter. I suck at simile!

So yesterday it was like 50°F and sunny. I had to get out and run. It was perfect. I picked a route that had some hills long and steep. Normally I try to avoid hills but I wanted to push myself. I pushed myself alright. I felt like a million bucks

Check my run out here

1st Victory! This is the longest distance I have ever run. 4.2 miles.
2nd Victory! Fastest 5k time 32:07 I completely expect to be sub 30 min easily in a race Im hoping for 28 min in my first race :)
3rd Victory! I realized at about 3.5 miles how much further I had before I got back home and how good I actually felt that I needed to start looking at 10K races.

So about the run. Over all went very well. At about 1.75 I turned a corner and headed back south and right into a head wind. It really put it too me. It took me several minutes to kind of get my speed back up and push through through it I know I was pushing it harder caus eI could feel it physically taking it out of me. The last big hill wasa struggle for me. The head wind and the distance and the hill all coming together to defeat me almost worked. Around the 5k mark I think I hit a mental wall cause I really felt like I wanted to give up and walk the rest of the way home. I pushed through and Im so glad I did. I got past the hill and turned the corner again. Slowed my pace a little unknowingly. I was able to finish at a faster pace than I expected so that was great.


Plus I lost another pound. Woohoo!

No comments: