Jan 31, 2011

Cold weather run

Well last night it was 25°F when I finished my run. It was my first cold outdoor run. I did one in November but it was not this cold.

So I wore my UA gloves, a long sleeve tshirt, Columbia softshell, base layer bottoms, Starter slicks, and a Stocking cap. Overall I think I was dressed pretty close to what I should have My bottom half was perfect. My head was sweating like a pig. Which coincidently is a common misnomer as pigs dont sweat. I was afraid my soft shell jacket would be too hot but I think it was about perfect. you can see the garmin stats below and scroll down on the right hand side. Click on Jan 30- 5k.

I ended up running just a little over 5K for my first real run back after my accident. I have to say I felt great. Im pretty sure I could have kept going for at least another 15 minutes under current conditions. Next time Ill alot more time to see how far I can go. It felt great and I pulled a 10:54 avg. Which I was happy about considering the weather and my lack of real running since November.

Additionally I wanted to give props to my killer new lights I got at Christmas I used my Zéfal Blinking Red LED for my back. It seems to be a top quality piece of lighting and I'm sure if I got hit with it on it would be deliberate. Or it put the driver into a seizure. Ill do a full review with pics and description later.

No comments: