Jan 12, 2011

Today is my Birthday!!

Not my real birthday, my weight loss birthday. The new me is 1 year old today.

1 year ago today I started on my weight loss journey. 1 year ago today I stepped on a scale and was 1 triple stacker super sized value meal from weighing 300 lbs. I was tired, hurting, depressed and unhappy. I couldn't allow myself to ever get to 300 lbs (unofficially I never weighed myself but I'm certain I had been over 300 before). 1 year ago today I changed from making excuses and lieing to myself about my weight to a realization that I was the problem.

This morning I weighed 210.2 lbs I'm so close to 199 I can taste it. It tastes delicious!!

This has been a long, hard, emotional road. I'm a different person than I was a year ago. I have goals that are fitness oriented and activities for my weekends. Like training for a Triathlon instead of plans to watch a "Big Bang Theory" Marathon. Anyone that is struggling with where they are let me tell you, NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP! You wont regret it.
You may feel like your not progressing but you are and you will look at your scale and say, "Ive only lost 10 or 15 lbs", but if you keep going it will turn into 20 and 30 lbs and more!

Deep inside each one of you is a tiny spark that wants this. Thats why you're here, you wanted this. That spark is starving for oxygen and struggling to catch. Every time you workout, every time you make a healthy choice over an unhealthy one that spark burns brighter and hotter. Over time your spark becomes a little fire burning within you. Build that fire until your glowing on the outside. Then when your fire is burning so hot share that fire and give someone else a spark to start their own fire!

Thank you to all who have supported me, encouraged me, and inspired me in the past year. It truly means a lot and I couldn't have done it without all of you.
Thank you to my God and savior for giving me this temple and giving me the desire to rebuild it!

3 comments:

LittleRachet said...

So proud of what you have become in this last year - and so EXCITED for what is ahead. There will be peaks and valleys, but stay the course. You are doing a FANTASTIC job!

Chris said...

Wow, great job. Nearly 100lbs in one year. Amazing how different you must feel. Keep up the great work, keep plowing forward!

Amy Hamm said...

I love the idea of a weightloss birthday! You are doing a fantastic job! Real transformational change is never easy... but you show others they can perservere...