Nov 6, 2010

Still sick, bootcamp, and very discouraged

I think Im starting to get over this cold. Im not couging as much and Im not as congested. I started a bootcamp class at the YMCA on Tue & Thur nights. Tuesday night our instructor ruined my quads and glutes. We did a metric crap tonne of Squats and Lunges around the track with 10 lb dumbbells. That isn't much weight until She made us run around the track holding it over our head for 4 laps.

The next 2 days were torture. My legs were so sore I couldnt walk normal. Thurs nights class we did a bunch of circuit intervals Sprint to stations and do some form of calisthenics ie.. push ups sit ups, jacks, up downs, grasshoppers, lunges, squats and then sprint back. We did 3 sets of those each one lasting 15 min. Then finished the class with 15 min. of various crunches.

Despite all this working out Ive gained 2 lbs and I cant for the life of me make any progress on weight loss. My Holiday goal date is coming up and I'm still 15 lbs from it. I feel like I have made ZERO progress. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm really getting down about it. No amount of working out is making me lose weight and I have been at this hard. My diet has been relatively solid with only a few minor Halloween candy mishaps. Ive stayed beneath my calorie goal every day or very close to it

No comments: