Feb 23, 2012

New Shoes

A while back I got some new shoes.
Triathlon specific shoes.  For all of my running career I've used Asics mostly with one pair of Nike shoes.  Up until late Sept I had been a heel striker.  I made some changes to my running style based on reading a book called Born to Run by Christopher McDougall.   I'm not going to debate heel striking vs Mid or fore foot or Shoe vs Barefoot.

I could see a pretty clear argument for a change to my running style not because one was right or one was wrong but because one was better for me and my application.   This isn't a book review however maybe I will do one :)  It was a great book.   The point is I took a chance on a sort of hybrid/minimalist style shoe and I'm not unhappy with it.   I've done about 6 treadmill runs with them and it is a little different feel.  I cant wait to get a chance to try them outside.

the shoe fits like a sock/slipper and is quite comfortable for running.  It is a very different feel and not somethign I would just jump into.

To make a long story short.  I got a new pair of shoes :)  SEE! *Points*

1 comment:

LittleRachet said...

Love my Zoot Ovwa's! Let's get you some TriSlide and we'll have you running sockless in NO TIME!!