Jul 24, 2011

Uhh, did I just do that?

PR/NSV ....Earlier this afternoon I made a major breakthrough.  

Ive run lots of 5K distances since graduating C25k but When I injured my knee back in February the longest run I had ever done was 4.3 miles on Valentines day just before my injury.   Up until about 3-4 weeks ago I hadn't run at all since that day in Feb.  
Today despite my quads still being sore from Sat 30 mile Bike ride and the 3 miles I ran on Friday.  I decided to run again.   Im so glad I did!   I hit the 3 miles and I was like I can keep going 5 min...  I just kept saying that.   32 min turned into 58 min and I was feeling great I hit 5 miles in 58 min and the only reason I even stopped was because I was running out of time to workout.   I felt great.  After the 3 mile mark I kept bumping my pace a little and I think I finished running a 9:20 pace.  I think my avg pace was 11:20 or something which isnt fast but Im so excited and so happy.  My knee feels great and I just ran further then I ever have before.

5 miles, 58 min,  and no walking!

1 comment:

Christine Nichols said...

YAY YOU!! Take care of that knee. You are amazing!