Jul 7, 2011

Over the holiday and through the woods

On July 3rd I ran 3.2 miles without stopping.  That's the first time Ive hit that mileage since my knee problem started in February.  I ran on the treadmill @ a 10:09 pace which I didn't think was too bad considering when I quit running in February I was just under 9 min.

The run went really well.  No pain or discomfort while running.  I did feel like I was really pushing myself to get to the end; however I know I ran a negative split as I was upping the pace about every 1000 meters.  I finished and felt really good.  I was really stoked about actually getting a 5k completed.  felt good later in the day and into the next day.

I took the 4th off and only did some light activity like walking, playing catch and a vigorous game of kick ball. :)

Tuesday I took the afternoon and drove over to a lake and ran the lake trail.  I really enjoy running trails.  I might note my knee felt just Ok so I backed it down to 2 miles.  Also the Canadian geese were none to happy with me.  It seems that when you only have 3 feet of trail around the lake the geese feel its their right to hang out in the middle.  Did you know that Canadian geese do not like humans moving toward them at a high rate of speed.   They make a weird hissing noise.   After I  got chased by the first batch I learned that when they start hissing you better slow up and back off moving cautiously forward until they have time to move out of the way.

More running soon I hope

1 comment:

LittleRachet said...

Ha....on a bike it is easy to wiz right by them....but when I'm running, I go WAY OUT OF THE WAY to not run by. I've been chased and it is not fun.

Glad you are finding a groove again!