Jul 25, 2012

Swimming progress

In the past 2 weeks Ive swam a mile 2 different times.  This is truly and epic accomplishment for me.  Im slow and I just dont feel "awesome" in the water.  Aside from that Ive been terrified of the water since my Peregrine Charities Tri.  I dont understand why.  Im not afraid of the water.  Im afraid of the distance more than anything else.  I suppose its a lack of open water swims.  On my list of goals to do more open water swimming.   Aside from that.  2 mile long swims in less than 2 weeks is a big deal for me.  Im not really losing any weight at this moment but I do seem to be progressing at least in one discipline.  Now to focus on some running too.  If I can get the Swim and Run down I can "Fake" the Bike right Rachelle?  ;)  An Olympic may not be to far fetched for me even yet this year.  I was truly hoping for a 70.3 this year but I think my season is going to lapse before I can get there.  I guess ill focus on the run and get the Half marathon and potentially a marathon.

Workouts to improve your swim

http://www.swimsmooth.com/breathing.html

Great Article : Chrissie Wellington's guide to the open water swim

Update:
I absolutely love my Prescription goggles I got from swimoutlet.com.  They are a good fit and feel and for the first time ever I feel more secure in the water because I can actually see.  Cheap enough for anyone and easy too.

No comments: