Aug 12, 2011

Swim, eat, swim, sleep, swim...


     Oh my gosh!  I have been swimming a lot.  I think my hair has gotten lighter.  I've really been hitting the pool hard More swimming then I have done in the past even when I was training before.  I guess part of it is that I know the swim is my weak spot and I know I can do the bike and run.  This week though I have come to a really cool revelation.  This week while training I realized that I can do this.  Not just complete.  I've known that I could complete, with the proper amount of training, but more importantly that I can progress and be successful at this.
     My swimming has really come a long way since February when I hurt my knee.  Funny thing is I haven't had more then 12 days of swimming practice.  I have progressed so much since February.  I was swimming 500m in about 17-19 min and barely making any progress.  I was struggling to breathe and just felt like I was flailing around while trying with everything I had to move my body from one end of the pool to the other.  Something has changed.  I dont know if its the push/drive because the race is 16 days away or if I just finally have got it tuned up to when I'm seeing results and I feel confident in my ability.  
     This week I did 2 things I had never done.  I swam my fastest 500m ever; 11 min 48 sec.   Woot!!  AND... I swam my furthest distance ever while training.  1600m   The best part about this is I really feel like I can make  more progress in the next 16 days I think I might be able to get close to a 10 min time on my swim.  I know where my flaws in my stroke are and I work on them everyday.  

1 comment:

LittleRachet said...

Congrats! Swimming can be daunting. At some point, let's video your stroke so you can work on some targeted drills. Now is a good time to start working on form. (well, after HG and going into the offseason)