Jun 21, 2011

New Shoes!


I got me some new runners on Sat. I'm glad I'm back to Asics. Why I strayed ill never know. I like the shoes and Ive run in them one time. I want to let my knee rest a little before I start back in hard. I did run Sunday for about a mile and I will say tha tI ran hard I did a 4 repetitions of 30 sec bursts at a 6:15 pace. Trying to stress my knee a little bit. I know that during the run I had no pain and after I had nothing. I'm not sure if its Physical therapy or if its the shoes but something is working. I plan to continue Physical therapy until I can run like I used to. Back in Feb I was up to 4.5 miles without trouble. I really want to get to that again and I have this urge to go further. Im Know if my knee could take it that I could run 10k no problem and Im pretty certain that I could do ok at 15k and I know for a fact that I could finish a half marathon No doubt in my mind at all.

So assuming the shoes and the therapy kick in and fix me, I have big plans. I think my fitness goal eyes maybe bigger then my fitness level... LOL I guess that's what makes some people great athletes. Always pushing for that next level that's just out of reach

No comments: